Guardian Spirit Protection
|Bonus||Lvl 1||Lvl 30||Spirit req.|
|Close Combat Attack||+5%||+12.5%|
|Ki Recovery Speed||+20%||+27.5%||7|
|Close Combat Attack Ki Reduction (Critical)||20%||27.5%||9|
|Bonus||Lvl 1||Lvl 30|
|Usable Time (seconds)||14.8||17.4|
|Amrita Gauge Rate||C+||C+|
Kato is one of the three starter Guardian Spirits
, along with Daiba-Washi and Isonade.
Guardian Spirits can be chosen to provide the player with certain benefits.
Activate Living Weapon by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller)when the Amrita Gauge is full.
Fire elemental. Legend has it that a she-wolf hit by a shooting star in the first month of her pregnancy will give birth to a Kato. These fire-eating hounds are said to cause the forest fires sparked by lightning strikes. Harbingers of house-fires and other misfortunes, Kato are venerated as servants of the God of Fire.
How to Obtain
- Available as one of the 3 starting guardians
- Chugoku Region, Sub Mission "The Three Angry Gods" - level 31
Strategies and Notes
- Kato's offers a considerable buff to maximum Ki and Ki recovery speed, providing a substantial amount of longevity in fights. Try to make heavy use of skills to maximize Kato's buff to their damage.
- Kato's Living Weapon stats are well rounded, and include a substantial attack enhancement
- The Guardian Spirit Talisman effect involves Kato rushing towards the enemy and inflicting Fire damage. This spell is best used at close to medium range. It does not knock enemies down, but it staggers most human enemies, so it helps land hits.
- Kato's talisman effect will inflict the fire debuff on most enemies with a single cast, so it works well for red demon set bonus, and for inflicting confusion
- Kato is a very popular spirit, as his bonuses are very useful at any stage of the game, particulaly so for skill damage based builds.
|Might||Rate at which the Living Weapon gauge decreases if you are hit while using the Living Weapon.|
|Action||Rate at which the Living Weapon gauge is reduced when you consume Ki while using the Living Weapon. The higher it is, the more you can use it.|
|Recovery||Rate at which the Living Weapon gauge recovers when you absorb Amrita while using a Living Weapon.|
|Tenacity||The effectiveness of a Living Weapon that is active when your Life is under a certain level.|
|Amrita Gauge Rate||The rate at which you gain Amrita. The higher it is, the qicker the gauge fills. When the Amrita gauge hits maximum, you can invoke a Living Weapon.|