Shima Sakon is a NPC/Boss in Nioh. He is the 2nd boss that players will have to fight in the 'Sekigahara' mission. The player will have to face this boss in order to proceed with the game.
Historically, Shima Sakon was a Japanese samurai of the late Sengoku period. Shima eventually left the service of the Tsutsui, and eventually joined Ishida Mitsunari under the banner of the Toyotomi Clan. At the Battle of Sekigahara, Shima served as one of Ishida's higher-ranking officers, commanding a unit of 1,000 strong men.
- Sekigahara Main Mission, Sekigahara region.
- His boss arena is at the very back of the battlefield, in a fenced-off area behind a stream and a line of cannons. When approaching the entrance to the arena, players will see a group of Tokugawa soldiers charging in, along with another soldier huddled nearby, pleading to not get his head cut off.
- There is a shrine very close by, at the end of the stream to the left (go upstream to find it).
- Amrita: 59,409
- Gold: 2,277
- Co-Op Amrita: ??
- Smithing Texts: Oni Sakon's Spear, Armor of the Exceptional
- Other: Spear-type weapons, Armor of the Exceptional, The Raging Bull, Kaido Armor
- Health: 23,500
- Ki: ??
- He can be parried, stunlocked and critically hit when out of Ki.
- Twilight: Y/N, different attacks?
- Throw Yokai Water Pots at Shima Sakon while he's in the second phase. They drain his ki and slow his ki regeneration. He easily gets stunned and can be hit with a critical strike if struck with a weapon shortly afterwards.
- Makibishi : throw it in the middle of the stage, it is helpful for running away from the living weapon mode, lets you use talismans more safely
- Dodging and geting behind the boss can avoid many attacks, but his horizontal sweep, and close range grab can get you if you easier. It is generally safer to dodge diagonally backwards, to the left and the right. Dodging diagonally back avoids the grab, sweep, and thrusts.
- You can land 1 or 2 hits on Shima after avoiding an attack string. He will generally block, or hit you, on the third strike. Mid stance attacks can be landed 1 or 2 without getting hit, dealing more than with low attacks
- Since you have to dodge quite often, high stance dodging is riskier
- If you are using axes, the low combo light attack ->Cloud crush can drain Shima's ki pretty quick ( if it hits, not blocked ) , and takes little ki to use. The obvious problem is range is low. Also, when he runs out of ki, if you cloud crush him into a wall, you deal high damage
- Paralysis groundfire is very powerful against Shima : after he gets paralysed, a buffed lumber chop ( axe ) , or any other high damage skill can perform very well
Strategy 1 (Melee)To fight Shima Sakon, one good strategy is to stay close during the first phase. As a spear user, he has a big advantage in range, but his attacks take more time to finish in comparison to swords. Many of his moves give an opening for one or two attacks.
When Shima Sakon summons his spirit and his weapon is glowing, try to keep a distance and not get hit. Keep moving until you have enough ki to jump in, attack once, then back off quickly. Sakon does not stagger in this phase until he runs out of ki, so trying to use combos on him is very risky.
Strategy 2 (Magic)
Since all human bosses or enemies, including Shima Sakon, utilize regular Ki, Lifeseal Talismans work very good to make these fights more manageable. The tricky part is to cast it at the right moment, as his spear thrusts are quick and cover alot of ground. When cast, just bait attacks until his Ki is low and go in for the grapple/critical hits. Coupled with Sloth talismans, the fight is almost trivial.
Shima Sakon Twilight Strategy
A detailed Strategy goes here. It should feature details on the build, level and recommended weapons and items as well as counters for specific attacks.As sfasdf
Shima Sakon has two attack phases. In the first phase, he uses hard thrusts and foot sweeps to keep the player off balance. In the second phase, Sakon summons his guardian spirit, Kara-Jishi, to buff his attacks with lightning.
|Headbutt||Grabs the player by the head and headbutts them. This attack comes out fast, so keep a bit of distance from Sakon to avoid getting caught.|
|Foot Sweep||Lowers his spear and drags it across the ground to trip the player.|
|Body Swap||Hooks the player with his spear to drag them behind him. Doesn't deal any damage but can't be blocked. The most dangerous part of this move is that it forces you to stumble past him, leaving your back wide open to his follow-up attacks.|
|Tornado||Slams the butt of his spear into the ground, then spins it above his head to whip up a gust of wind around him that deals damage in all directions. Finishes with a heavy slash.|
|High Stance Combo||While in high stance, Sakon thrusts, swings, then thrusts his spear, then follows up with a foot sweep. He can do these moves in different orders, but he typically ends with a foot sweep.|
|Helicopter Strike||Slams his spear down, then jumps and twirls it overheard like a rotor blade, following up with a second slam. Sakon has hyper armor when using this attack.|
|Living Weapon||Summons his guardian spirit to create a lightning AoE around him while he buffs his spear with lightning and unlock his 2nd phase attacks. Usually does this when he has 70% health remaining. Will open the fight with this move at higher difficulties.|
|Kara-Jishi Thrust||Executes a low thrust while summoning Kara-Jishi to breathe lightning at the player.|
|Roaring Thunder||Knocks the player into the air, then comes crashing down on them with Kara-Jishi like a bolt of lightning. Arguably Sakon's most dangerous move because of how much damage it deals and how little warning he gives you before using it. Keep some distance whenever Sakon is not recovering from an attack to avoid this move.|
Yokai Lore / History
Born as Shima Kiyooki, Sakon was a warrior who, after leaving the Tsutsui clan, joined forces with Ishida Mitsunari as one of his top generals. During the Battle of Sekigahara, Sakon commanded an artillery regiment until he was shot by riflemen under the command of Kuroda Nagamasa. He retreated due to his wounds, and his fate afterwards remained a mystery. Some say that he died while trying to escape, or that he succumbed to his wounds one month after Sekigahara.
Notes & Trivia
- Voice Actor: Fujiwara Keji
- Similarities to other titles
- Bugs and glitches associated to this boss