Amrita is Nioh's version of experience points that you collect from doing myriad things throughout the game. You can use Amrita to level up William or your Guardian Spirit at a Shrine.
- Amrita is obtained by virtually everything the player does in game; as mission rewards, from defeating enemies, opening chests, and can even by collected by destroying crates and jars found throughout missions. Furthermore, upon reaching and praying at a Shrine, the player will automatically "offer" their equipment, and receive Amrita as a reward. If you die, you will lose all your Amrita and respawn back at the last Shrine at which you prayed. However this lost Amrita can be recovered if the player successfully reaches the place of their death and touches their Guardian Spirit - which will be clearly visible.
- Note: If you die along the way to retrieve your Amrita from the place your Spirit is guarding, you will lose both the Amrita gained on the way there as well as that which you had upon your initial death. However, your Guardian Spirit will return to the last shrine you prayed at along with you.
- The Amrita counter in the lower right corner of your HUD will turn gold if you have enough Amrita to level up.
- Acquiring Amrita will fill the Amrita Gauge found in the top left corner of the screen. Upon filling this gauge the player will be able to activate their equipped Living Weapon.
- Amrita acquisition can trigger various special effects found on armor and Guardian Spirits. These effects are triggered by "Amrita blips", and their power may increase with the amount of Amrita blips, but not with the amount of Amrita acquired.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
so... is there no other use besides leveling up? sure in ng+ you can feed your guardian but... that's it? cant spend it on anything besides levels? also i dont know what that third currency is
Spoilers and speculations about AMRITA. Advance forms of Amrita stones are called soul stones. I suppose Amrita is a natural energy found in all life. It's also heavily influenced by feelings, as fiends are born from hate and war. It's like pure power, which can be used for good or evil. The birth of guardian spirits, in the case of good. Japan in this world ,must be some gate to the land of the dead or the spirit realm. Since soul energy forms around it and monsters live there.so far, it seems to be the only place where Amrita resides. If humans absorb some Amrita, they become strong like William and Kelley. But if they take too much they become fiends.it may also be that some people are born with a natural ability to absorb a lot of Amrita, with out changing. Probably those strong enough to own guardian spirits and be heroes, since William absorbs so much Amrita... like truck loads of Amrita, millions of it, but he is fine. It may also be that it's the guardian spirits who take the Amrita instead of you, who knows? But even they have limits, since Kelley is able to turn his to a monster by over feeding it, and then we have the cat who absorbed dark spirits, possibly Amrita tainted by evil, Guardian spirits seem to be created by strong will and Amrita. It's revealed that Williams desire to escape death as a child lead to his guardian spirits birth. Only his explains her birth, the rest just recite the tales of their current masters, perhaps because that was all they knew, since they were made to just follow and serve their master. (Or they could have many masters over many years , but chose to just mention one).
Trying to update this wiki. If anyone reads my comments and has specific ideas or suggestions as to how to improve individual pages, let me know in the comments and I'll do my best. I am a new player so it may take some times for me to unlock a lot of the content that requires an update.
SO can I or can I not get any on the very beginning?
Fun fact: There actually is an Amrita multiplier that makes the enemies wield more of it as long as the amount carried on person has passed a milestone.
It's been over a year since the game was released and this is seriously all there is on Amrita? No lore, no assistance for farming, just some bullet-point notes that don't even explain their points or link any further?
I was playing a meeting on the other side mission, I died. After dying I had Sariose appear on my loading screen, but I had the paired raiken. I my spirit was automatically returned to me, but ALL my amrita was gone. I never died without having my spirit. What in the world happen?
Fun fact: When you have enough amrita to level up, your amrita counter will turn yellow
Summoner' candle also summons the guardian spirit to your location with the Amrita that it is guarding