- Amrita is obtained by defeating enemies, opening chests, offer weapons/armors at the Shrine, and destroying crates/jars at times. If you die, you will respawn back at the last shrine you prayed to and have 0 Amrita, however you may go to the place of your death to find your Guardian Spirit, and retrieve the Amrita you had lost.
- Note: If you die along the way to retrieve your Amrita from the place your Spirit is guarding, you will lose both the Amrita gained on the way there as well as that which you had upon your initial death. However, your Guardian Spirit will return to the last shrine you prayed at along with you.
- The Amrita counter in the lower right corner of your HUD will turn gold if you have enough Amrita to level up.
- Amrita acquisition is important for charging up your Living Weapon, by filling the Amrita Gauge.
- Amrita acquisition can trigger various special effects found on armor and Guardian Spirits. These effects are triggered by "Amrita blips", and their power may increase with the amount of Amrita blips, but not with the amount of Amrita acquired.