New Game Plus information for Nioh covered on this page.
New Game Plus Information
- Way of the Samurai encompasses missions of Lvl 1 up to Lvl 155 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 270 (DLC).
Way of the Strong encompasses missions of Lvl 160 up to Lvl 330 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 470 (DLC).
Way of the Demon encompasses missions of Lvl 450 up to Lvl 580 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 720 (DLC).
Way of the Wise encompasses missions of Lvl 700 up to Lvl 830 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 970 (DLC).
Way of the Nioh encompasses missions of Lvl 950 up to Lvl 1080 (Main Game) and up to Lvl 1220 (DLC).
- When you complete the game, after the credits have rolled, you will return to the general overview screen and you will unlock a new difficulty tier for all of the Missions called Way of the Strong. This new difficulty dramatically increases the challenge of missions but also the rewards.
- Unlike other games with New Game Plus, you can freely switch between New Game Plus mode and New Game Mode from the map menu.
- You will not lose access to any regions or missions from New Game Mode.
- Upon defeating the game, you'll also unlock new skins, gear and more items that will help you tackle the new harder difficulty. Divine Items, a new green colored rarity of equipment will begin to drop during this mode.
- You will now be able to upgrade your Guardian Spirits with Amrita, up to level 30 which nominally increases their Protection and Living Weapon values. You'll also be able to equip a secondary Guardian Spirit, for versatility and a bonus.
- After Way of the Strong follows Way of the Demon. After which follows Way of The Wise, and after that follows Way of the Nioh.
- In Way of the Demon you will be able to acquire equipment beyond Lv.150 and level Guardian Spirits to Lvl 40.
- In Way of The Wise you will be able to acquire Ethereal Equipment, and level Guardian Spirits to Lvl 50.
- In Way of the Nioh you will be able to raise Stats to Lvl 200, and level Guardian Spirits to Lvl 60.
|Name||NG Level||Min Mission Lvl||Max Mission Lvl||Max Spirit Level||Divine||Ethereal|
|Way of the Samurai||NG||1||270||N/A||No||No|
|Way of the Strong||NG+||160||470||30||Yes||No|
|Way of the Demon||NG+2||450||720||40||Yes||No|
|Way of the Wise||NG+3||700||970||50||Yes||Yes|
|Way of the Nioh||NG+4||950||1220||60||Yes||Yes|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Lacks information for the "level limit" increase for way of the wise(wasn't capped when I unlocked it, so no clue the limit before progressing)
After playing the way of the strong and confirming that there are no new characters, secrets, alternate routes and different endings (which are generally the incentives to play the NGx, I do not see the point of continuing to play for hours without getting something really new or different, a secret mission, a new ending, alternate routes not seen in the first game, only "new" equipment is not enough incentive, once all the missions are unlocked in the first round with all the challenges, I would call the other paths as way of the same.
This isn't in the wiki but
Way of Strong item drops 150 to plus 10
Way of Demon item drops 200 to plus 20
Way of Wise item drops 250 to plus 30
Way of Nioh item drops 300 to plus 50
Please put these notes in the wiki it will allow players to know their builds late game via new game plus.
Outdated info. Playthrough 2 now start to dropped orange gear.
i finish queens eye on way of wise, how do i unlock way of nioh? does any one can help me out
I Started NG+ and found it was very easy (compared to NG, first run). So I find it boring. Is NG+ (and NG+2, NG+3, NG+4) challenging (in case you play once each main and side missions) ?
Hola por qué en la senda del fuerte no salen las misiones del dojo . Como tengo l misión moroboshi en la senda del fuerte ?
- new equip, new skins, new items on new playthroughs - unlock completely new features at the end of the first playthrough - even a new equip tier in later ptlaythroughs - you dont have to do everything again, but can skip half of the missions, which makes NG+ runs more streamlined and less of a slog Developers take not. *****ing KOEI of all developers, peaked the NG+ mechanic.
I finished all the missions of NG and NG+ except the dojo missions and i still didn't unlock NG++. Plz help me and tell me what to do.
So I beat the queens eye mission on way of the strong but I don't have way of the demon. Is there something else I need to do to unlock it?
This is such a disgusting grind mess, whoever though of this design should be fired asap. Only nerds that spend 24/7 on this *****ing game can reach WoTN.. so pathetic. I hope Nioh 2 won't be like this or it will fail hard since no one likes this.
Terrible, I have to start to understand from the beginning every time I visit this page. Way of the samurai > Strong > Demon > Wise > Nioh ffs how hard is it to outline the main things right away... after way of the strong starts blah blah blah 3/4 of the page down you finally see what the default mode is called then the others
How to obtain the difficulties way of the demon / wise / nioh?
So basically it’s: Way of the Samurai Way of the Strong Way of the Demon Way of the Wise Way of the Nioh
I've beaten the game once and got bored in NG+ (whatever it's called), because the game turned it boring grind simulator. So i dropped it. Done***** ton of NG+ runs in DS, BB but couldn't even bring myself to play further. Indeed game bores you quickly.
PS4 here - have 100% the base game in way of the strong and that did not unlock more than the intial 3 regions in way of the demon. Have also done most of the DLC. guessing at this point I need to complete main missions in way of the demon to unlock the next regions? was quite annoyed that more didn't unlock after completing it and DLC missions as thats how it unlocked more of way of the strong. That is convenient tho if all you need to progress in each greater NG+ cycle is playing the main missions, as some of the side quests are just super annoying.
Excellent description!!! Now I get it how this works, Thank you very much.
You DO NOT need to beat all red missions in order to progress to the next stage, you just need to beat the queen's eyes mission.
the unlock requirement should be more spesefic, is it unlocked after beating orochi or hundread eyes
can i go back to before i beat the game? its mainly because im getting my ass handed to me in the fishing town but i also had had a few pending missions i wanted to do in past regions and in the dojo.
im in way of the strong and i started out with three regions so do i have to do all of the main missions up until then to be able to get to omi
I think I swallowed a toothpick
Do your blacksmithing upgrades carry over? That's the main thing I'm concerned about before starting the NG+ since I have them maxed on current playthrough =/
Can my friend still be able to summon me if i am in new game plus and he still in regular mode
Is there a ng+2 ? Finished all quests and bar is full but there is no visible option to change the way :(
OMG the enemies in this mode are soooo savage