Kusanagi Tsurugi is a Weapon available in Nioh.
Kusanagi Tsurugi Description
"A legendary sword from ancient times, also known as Ame-no-Murakumo Tsurugi. Legend has it that when Susano defeated the Yamata-no-Orochi, this sword was flung from the monster's tail in its death throes. After Susano presented the blade to the goddess Amaterasu, she in turn entrusted it to the heroic prince Yamato Takeru, who was on his way east. When Takeru found himself surrounded by the fires of battle, he used Kusanagi to cut a swath though the thick grasses around him and escape certain death. The sword takes its name from this event-- Kusanagi literally means "grass cutter". However, the sword was presumed lost after falling into the ocean during the battle of Dan-no-Ura in 1185."
Possible Status Effects
- Change to Attack (Spirit)
- Status Ailments Relived (Purification)
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by Yamata-no-Orochi in the mission The Demon King Revealed in the Omi Region only for the first time.
- Smithing Text: Rare Drop from Yagyu Sekishusai in the mission Marobashi in the Tokai Region
- Status Aliments Relived (Purification) Is a Special Effect unique to this weapon. Its triggered by performing perfect Ki Pulse in Yokai Corruption removing all debuffs the player has.
- It is very possible that the in-game depiction of the sword is inaccurate. The legend of this sword predates the existence of the tachi. The sword would most likely be a tsurugi; a straight two edged sword that was produced prior to the 10th century (making it produced during the Jōkotō Era). This cannot be confirmed as it is unknown if the sword actually exists beyond the realm of folktales and legends.
Kusanagi Tsurugi Upgrade Table
|Weapon Level||Attack Multiplier by Quality|