Raven Tengu is an Enemy in Nioh.
Raven Tengu Description
"Karasu Tengu, giant Tengu with wings like a crow's, have been known to humans since ancient times. They have keen eyesight and hard beaks and fly about as they please, controlling the wind. They have no trouble finding purchase even on sheer cliff faces and use their control over winds to attack when provoked, making them a troublesome foe."
"Tengu are said to be strange echoes of Garuda, Buddhist guardian deity and slayer of serpents and dragons. Reportedly, in some areas they coexist with humans. The Karasu Tengu on Mount Kurama in Kyoto's north are credited with teaching the yong Minamoto no Yoshitsune swordsmanship."
- Blocking is effective versus the tengu. This is preferred since it can be difficult to cleanly dodge its staff swipe.
- Lightning is effective in slowing down the Tengu's attacks.
- Area Attacks?
- Ninjutsu tips
- Sword Ki in conjunction with blocking is effective in draining the Tengu's ki.
- Horizontal staff swipe : approximately a 180º swipe, it has very good range , and it is very fast as well, but deals low ki damage. Dodging backwards is dangerous ( but possible ) as the attack has more range than most pokes, and is fast, simply blocking it is the easiest way to go. This and Claw & spin are the 2 most frequent attacks if you stay in front of it.
- Claw & spin : a poor range, vetical claw slash, followed by a spinning ¿leg? attack. Both attacks have poor range, the spin hits in 360º. Avoid dodging backwards, and then rushing forward for a jab
- Spin alone : used if you get behind the tengu, pretty easy to avoid
- Green wave projective : not blockable, inflicts wind debuff. The debuff approximately halves your attack, which is why you might want to use some wind protection ( accessories , omnyo ) , if you are not confident in avoiding it
- Green wave projective (flying) : this one can be avoided backwards
- Grab attack ( flying ) : like all grab attacks, the boss glows with black and white particles while preparing. Can be avoided by dodging in any direction
- Dive attack ( flying ) : got no experience with this one yet
Notes & Trivia
- 天狗: Tengu - Heavenly Hound. A type of Shinto Kami (god) or Yokai found in Japanese folklore. The name is derivative of a similar Chinese deity, and associated with bird-like features. Buddhism in Japan sustained Tengu were predatory, but their depictions have instead lend the Tengu to seem protective and neutral over time. There's therefore "good" and "bad" tengu.
Raven Tengu Locations & Drops
|The Squirming Sprite||??||??||
Smithing Text: Raven Tengu Tokyo
Amrita Fiend ♦ Archer ♦ Biwa Boku-Boku ♦ Drowned ♦ Dweller ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Hino-Enma ♦ Isuke the Brick ♦ Joro-gumo ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Mudman ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Ogress ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onmyo Mage (Black) ♦ Onmyo Mage (White) ♦ Onryoki ♦ Onyudo ♦ Paper Enemy ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rogue ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Sentinel ♦ Sentry ♦ Skeleton Warrior ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Umi-Bozu ♦ Warrior ♦ Wheel Monk ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yoki ♦ Yuki-Onna ♦ Zipangu