Yoki is an Enemy in Nioh.
"A human turned fiend by the power of Amrita. Also known as a form of oni, a muscular, horned humanoid dwelling in the mountains. The Shuten-doji is the most famous; so too are the oni who are fought by Momotaro, the Peach Boy. Every February in Japan, a ritual called Setsubun is undertaken where citizens scatter beans to drive away oni and pray for good health."
"The power of Amrita is double-edged sword. If used improperly, or with evil intent, it has the power to transform the user into a fiend. A fiend is far stronger than a human, but devoid of rationality, they can only follow their instincts to attack any who happen across their path."
Combat Information ( General )
- Try and knock off their horns, this will drain them of Ki and cause them to fall. For this you can use a ranged weapon or any attack capable of hitting their horns. This also guarentees that Demon's Horns drop.
- Blocking is effective but drains a lot of stamina
- These enemies have long reach and a treacherous shoulder bash
- Can burn, so Kayaku-dama is a good projectile to use against them
- Not weak to any particular magic, but easily poisoned with two poison shuriken.
- They will lose Ki if you throw Salt at them. Whenever they create a pool of Yokai Real, perform a purification as soon as possible
- Can be lured out, kited, and eventually resets to original position without regenerating health.
- Most often attacks with 2-hit Combo basic attacks, or will rage swipe.
- Drop attacks that hit the horn will cause even higher damage than usual
- Horns are easily broken with high stance attacks. The hit that breaks the horn deals increased damage, so slow big hits are recommended. Also, after breaking the horn, they get stunned briefly, so you can combo a bit, and then when they get up, they still have 0 ki, so you can keep comboing taking advantage of the stagger effect of 0 ki
- There are many variations. Yoki can wield swords, axes, and dual swords, with very different move-sets.
- They deal very high damage, but they don't move too much, so fighting them becomes easier in an open area, where you can move backwards and poke them.
Sword-Wielding Yoki , attacks
- Vertical slash: Slashes vertically downwards once, can be easily side-stepped, and it might follow-up by slashing upwards
- Swipe barrage: slashes multiple times while standing, it is easier to dodge backwards
- Forward charge : charges forward a short distance.
- Grab : close ranged grab with the unarmed hand, which will emit white-black particles to signal danger, like most grabs do. Relatively slow, and not frequently used, a good reason not to stay blocking in front of them but move aroun.
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
Yoki Locations & Drops
Dual Sword Yoki
Amrita Fiend ♦ Archer ♦ Armed Guard ♦ Biwa Boku-Boku ♦ Crossbowman ♦ Drowned ♦ Dweller ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Hino-Enma ♦ Isuke the Brick ♦ Joro-gumo ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Mudman ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Ogress ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onmyo Mage (Black) ♦ Onmyo Mage (White) ♦ Onryoki ♦ Onyudo ♦ Paper Enemy ♦ Raven Tengu ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rogue ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Sentinel ♦ Sentry ♦ Skeleton Warrior ♦ Snowclops ♦ Soldier ♦ Spider ♦ Umi-Bozu ♦ Warrior ♦ Wheel Monk ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yuki-Onna ♦ Zipangu